1. Note the functionalities of various background processes:
1. Issue alerts whenever a given metrics violates its threshold value
2. Take snapshots by spawning additional process.
3. Capture statistics for SQL objects that have been recently modified.
4. Allocate memory where it is needed dynamically in an effort to avoid out-of-memory conditions.
Which option has the correct functionalities listed for the memory manager (MMAN) background process?
2. You notice that the database instance takes a long time to start up after the instance crash. How will you resolve the problem?
a) Increase the size of the redo log files
b) Decrease the number of redo log members
c) Set LOG_CHECKPOINT_TO_ALERT to TRUE
d) Decrease the value for the FAST_START_MTTR_TARGET initialization parameter
3. A user receives the following error while executing a query:
ORA-01555: snapshot too old
Identify two solutions to avoid such errors in future.
a) Increase the size of redo log files
b) Increase the size of the undo tablespace
c) Increase the size of the Database Buffer Cache
d) Increase the size of the default temporary tablespace
e) Enable the retention guarantee for the undo tablespace
4. While the database instance is running, you receive an out-of-memory error due to the undersizing of the shared pool. You checked the trace file and observed that the following error was always recorded during peak hours:
ORA-04031: unable to allocate 4000 bytes of shared memory
On investigation, you found that SGA_MAX_SIZE was larger than the sum of the sizes of all System Global Area (SGA) components and you do not have the scope to increase it further.
Identify a solution to reduce the probability of getting this error in future.
a) Set the PRE_PAGE_SGA parameter to TRUE
b) Set the LOCK_SGA initialization parameter to TRUE
c) Implement Automatic Shared Memory Management
d) Set the SGA_TARGET initialization parameter to zero
5. Which two statements are true regarding undo management?
a) The database can have more than one undo tablespaces
b) The undo data must be purged manually when the transaction is over
c) The UNDO_TABLESPACE parameter is valid only if the UNDO_MANAGEMENT parameter is set to AUTO
d) Undo management is automatic by default even if the UNDO_MANAGEMENT initialization parameter is set to NULL
6. You want to be warned automatically when more than 100 sessions are opened with your database instance. Identify the action that would help you achieve this.
a) Set the TRACE_ENABLED parameter to TRUE
b) Set the threshold for the Current Logons Count metric
c) Set the LOG_CHECKPOINT_TO_ALERT parameter to TRUE
d) Set the SESSIONS_PER_USER limit in the profiles used by users
7. Examine the following settings for the initialization parameters:
Which statement is true about the memory management for the newly started database instance?
a) MEMORY_TARGET defines the maximum limit for SGA_TARGET
b) SGA_TARGET and PGA_AGGREGATE_TARGET combined will never grow beyond 500M
c) The value for MEMORY_MAX_TARGET is the sum of SGA_TARGET and PGA_AGGREGATE_TARGET
d) SGA_TARGET and PGA_AGGREGATE_TARGET will keep growing till a maximum of 300M and 70M, respectively
8. Which operations can be performed using the Data Recovery Advisor?
(Choose all that apply)
a) Diagnosing data failure
b) It is a percentage of rows in which the statistics are collected incrementally for partitions
c) Presenting appropriate repair options
d) Generating reports for possible causes of failure
9. You created a new user on the database by executing the following command:
SQL> CREATE USER user01 IDENTIFIED BY user01
DEFAULT TABLESPACE users
TEMPORARY TABLESPACE temp;
Then you granted the following privileges to user01 by executing the following command:
SQL> GRANT CREATE SESSION, CREATE TABLE TO user01;
Which two statements are true in this scenario?
a) The user can not create tables
b) The user can create tables
c) The user cannot query any tables
d) The user can query tables in other schemas if the table owner has granted the SELECT privilege
10. You configured the database in the ARCHIVELOG mode. The database was previously running in the NOARCHIVELOG mode. Which two statements are true in this scenario?
a) You must perform a log switch after setting the ARCHIVELOG configuration.
b) You can perform only partial backups
c) You can back up the database while it is open and being accessed by users
d) You cannot take any datafile offline in this mode.
e) You can recover the database completely from both instance and media failure.