01. Instructors have complained that they do not have access to a newly registered component and page. The Instructor role that includes the Instructor permission list already exists; both are available for your use.
Select the two correct methods that add access for just this user group.
a) Modify the content reference (CREF) definition in the portal registry and enable the Author Access option
b) Re-run the Registration Wizard. Select the option to modify only a permission list, and add the Instructor permission list to this component
c) Modify the CREF definition in the portal registry and add the Instructor role
d) Modify the Instructor permission list definition and add access to the new component and page
e) Modify the CREF definition in the portal registry and add the Instructor permission list
f) Modify the CREF definition in the portal registry and enable the Public Access option
02. An end user saves the data after making a change to their personal address, and the system updates the table for that page.
In this case, that personal address information is also stored in a table used to generate reports. Upon saving the address, the system also updates the equivalent information stored in the reporting table.
What form of maintaining referential integrity has been implemented in this scenario?
a) Parent-child relationship
b) Occurs level
c) Prompt table edit
d) PeopleCode running a SQLExec statement
e) Expert entry
03. When testing a fluid page, one of your colleagues says that the page suddenly is not rendering as expected. He believes he may have accidentally deleted a group box on the page. Using the developer tools of your browser, you inspect the HTML elements.
Which vital structural element of a fluid page must still exist in order for the page to render properly?
a) <div class=”ps_anchor”… .</div>
b) <div class=”ps_main”… .</div>
c) <div class=”ps_box-pagetabs”… .</div>
d) <div class=”ps_pspagecontainer_srch” … .</div>
e) <div class=”ps_box-group psc_layout psc_apps_content”… .</div>
04. Assume that you open a PeopleSoft application record definition using Application Designer. Which two of the following statements are false?
a) In Application Designer, with a record definition open, you can insert additional fields
b) Any changes made to the record definition in Application Designer are stored in a PeopleTools table as application metadata
c) In Application Designer, with a record definition open, you can view transactional application data, such as inventory items provided by a vendor
d) In Application Designer, with a record definition open, you can add or update transactional application data, such as adding a new inventory item
e) In Application Designer, with a record definition open, you can modify the key structure of the record definition
f) In Application Designer, with a record definition open, you can set a record field to be a required field for which an end user must specify a value when adding a new row of transactional data
05. You are asked to create a new field definition with a field label that includes a line break for Curriculum Developer. How should you enter the label?
06. Choose the correct statement about translate values appearing in the drop-down list on a page.
a) The translate values must be active and have an effective date earlier than the effective date on the prompting table
b) The translate values must be active and you must enter a short name when adding the translate value
c) The translate values must be active and not contain any special characters
d) The translate values must be active and all values must have the same length
e) The translate values must be active and have an effective date later than the effective date on the prompting table
07. You have been asked to modify the search record for the instructor table to include course type.
What should you select on the Use tab of the record field properties for the COURSE_TYPE field?
a) List Box Item
b) Duplicate Order Key
c) Alternate Search Key
e) Search Key
08. Identify three true statements describing PeopleTools tables.
a) PeopleTools tables can be updated equally using PeopleTools, such as Application Designer, or the SQL editing tool for your database platform
b) PeopleTools tables use the naming convention of having the prefix PD*, as in PSRECDEFN
c) PeopleTools tables store metadata that defines the elements of a PeopleSoft application
d) PeopleTools tables contain the same content, regardless of the PeopleSoft application installed on the database
e) PeopleTools tables have a consistent structure, regardless of the PeopleSoft application installed on the database
f) PeopleTools tables are empty until the implementation team has loaded the application’s transactional data
09. Select three steps that comprise the user interface phase of PeopleSoft application development?
a) Register components
b) Define fields
c) Define pages
d) Define components
e) Define records
f) Build records
10. When you are modifying, customizing, or configuring PeopleSoft application definitions using Application Designer, which two statements are true regarding the impact on other application elements?
a) Running an alter table process in Application Designer is required only during major upgrades, not after small changes to a single record definition
b) PeopleTools provides utilities to help you determine relationships between application definitions, such as PeopleTools cross-reference reports and the Find Definition References option
c) If you modify field definition properties or record definition properties, the PeopleTools system insanity and automatically synchronizes the definition changes with the underlying SQL database table
d) Changing a single field property, such as the field name or type, typically has no effect on other definitions such as records or pages
e) If you alter a table, you must rebuild any views that reference the altered table