01. A Solaris 10 OS administrator needs to configure a host to operate as an NTP server. Which two must be performed on the host?
a) execute /usr/sbin/ntp.server start
b) execute snoop -d hme0 | grep NTP
c) execute svcadm enable svc:/network/ntp
d) populate a /etc/inet/ntp.conf file
e) edit the /etc/inet/ntp.server file
02. Following a reboot of a Solaris system, in.routed is not starting automatically as required. Execution of svcs -l svc:/network/initial reports enabled and online. Which two are possible causes?
a) /etc/defaultrouter contains an IP address.
b) /etc/gateways file is missing.
c) svc:/network/interfaces is disabled.
d) IPv4-routing is disabled.
03. In order to add static routes to in.routed at startup time, you add the following line to /etc/defaultrouter: net 184.108.40.206 gateway gw-157-158 metric 1
When the system is rebooted, you notice that the in.routed has NOT started. The svcs -x does NOT show anything wrong. What is the cause of this problem?
a) You specified the routers by name, rather than by address.
b) You specified the routers by name, rather than by address.
c) You did not use /etc/gateways.
d) You did not specify a netmask as well.
04. The default configuration of the Solaris 10 OS has packet filtering disabled on all network interfaces. To enable packet filtering on the hme0 interface of a running system, the related hme line in the /etc/ipf/pfil.ap file must be uncommented:
# IP Filter pfil autopush setup
# See autopush(1M) manpage for more information.
# Format of the entries in this file is:
#major minor lastminor modules
#le -1 0 pfil
#qe -1 0 pfil
hme -1 0 pfil
#qfe -1 0 pfil
#eri -1 0 pfil
#ce -1 0 pfil
#bge -1 0 pfil
#be -1 0 pfil
#vge -1 0 pfil
#ge -1 0 pfil
#nf -1 0 pfil
#fa -1 0 pfil
#ci -1 0 pfil
#el -1 0 pfil
#ipdptp -1 0 pfil
#lane -1 0 pfil
#dmfe -1 0 pfil
Which UNIX command must be executed to enable Solaris IP Filter firewall for the hme0 interface without rebooting the system?
a) ifconfig hme0 down; ifconfig hme0 unplumb; ifconfig hme0 plumb; autopush -f /etc/ipf/pfil.ap
b) autopush -f /etc/ipf/pfil.ap; ifconfig hme0 modlist
c) ifconfig hme0 pfil; ifconfig hme0 modlist
d) ifconfig hme0 modlist; autopush -f /etc/ipf/pfil.ap
e) autopush -f /etc/ipf/pfil.ap; ifconfig hme0 down unplumb; ifconfig hme0 plumb
05. What is CSMA/CD?
a) Collision Sensing Multiple Access with Carrier Detection
b) Carrier Sensing Multiple Access with Collision Detection
c) Common Serial Multiple Access with Collision Detection
d) Common Serial Multiple Access with Carrier Detection
e) Carrier Serial Multiplexing Access with Carrier Detection
06. You are configuring Solaris IP Filter on your Solaris 10 OS system so that it logs all packets that are blocked to the /var/adm/ipf.blocked file. Syslog and IP Filter are already running on the system.
Which three commands must you use to enable logging?
a) ipf -f /var/adm/ipf.blocked
b) ipmon -D -s
c) edit /etc/syslog.conf
d) svcadm restart svc:/system/system-log:default
e) inetadm -e svc:/system/system-log:default
07. You have configured an IPv6 router that is having problems routing correctly to a default router connected to the Internet. You need to investigate the machine's routing table and check that the default route is in place.
You also need to check the neighbor cache to see whether the MAC address of the default router has been learned. Which two commands enable you to perform these tasks?
a) netstat -r
b) ifconfig -a
c) netstat -m
d) netstat -p
e) arp -n
08. You need to provision a new network segment on the 192.168.16 network, which can accommodate up to 1600 IP addresses. Using CIDR notation, what allows you to accomplish this task?
09. You wish to add a static route to the routing table on your system. You add the following line to the /etc/defaultrouter file: net 220.127.116.11 gateway gw-157-158 metric 1 When the system is rebooted, you observe that the in.routed daemon has not started.
The svcs –x command shows no problems. The netstat -r command does not show the static route in the routing table. What is the cause of this problem?
a) The entry should have been placed in the /etc/gateways file.
b) The entry should have contained the static keyword.
c) The entry does not contain a netmask specification.
d) The entry should use the IP address of the gateway, not its name.
10. Your users complain that they can NOT log into the newly installed compute server. You check the log files and see this line: Jan 28 11:36:33 compserv in.telnetd: [ID 913506 daemon.warning] refused connect from 18.104.22.168 (name/address mismatch) Which is a cause of this message?
a) The Telnet service has been disabled due to security problems.
b) The forward and reverse DNS mappings used different IP addresses.
c) Another system on the network used the server's address.
d) The system has been hacked.