01. Identify the three components that serve a purpose only in the Database Machine.
a) ASM intelligent Data Placement (IDP)
b) Database Filesystem (DBFS)
c) Database Resource Manager (DBRM)
d) I/O Resource Manager (IORM)
e) The DISKMON process
f) Intelligent Database Protocol (IDB)
02. Identify two valid reasons for creating multiple griddisks on a Single celldisk.
a) To segregate storage into multiple pools with different performance characteristics
b) To facilitate normal or high redundancy ASM diskgroups
c) To enable disk mirroring for the system area
d) To segregate storage into multiple pools that can be assigned to different resource consumer groups in the same database.
e) To segregate storage into multiple pools that can be assigned to different databases
03. What is the benefit of bonding the client access network configuration?
a) Improved performance
b) Both improved performance and reliability
c) Improved monitoring
d) A Single Client Access Name (SCAN)
e) Improved reliability
04. Which four statements are true about Exadata Smart Flash Cache?
a) Smart Flash Logs reduce the size of Smart Flash Cache.
b) Single block reads can benefit from Smart Flash Cache.
c) Multiblock reads can benefit from Smart Flash Cache.
d) Flash based ASM diskgroups may share space with the Flash Cache on the flashdisks.
e) Smart Scan will never be done for I/Os to flash based griddisks.
f) Smart Scan will always be done for I/Os to flash based griddisks.
05. Which three are true regarding the use of Storage Indexes?
a) The use of Storage indexes for a particular database can be disabled by using an I/O Resource Manager Database Plan.
b) A maximum of eight table columns for any table are Indexed per storage region.
c) Storage Indexes occupy space in the Smart Flash Cache.
d) A Storage index is automatically maintained by CELLSRV based on the filter columns of the offload SQL.
e) The use of Storage Indexes for particular categories of I/O can be disabled by using an I/O Resource Manager Category Plan.
f) Different storage regions may have different columns indexed for the same table.
06. Which three storage components are available after the standard initial Database machine deployment?
a) The DATA_<DBM_Name> ASM diskgroup
b) Exadata Smart Flash Cache using all of the flashdisk space
c) The DBFS_DG diskgroup with external redundancy
d) Mirrored system partitions on hard disk 0 and hard disk 1
e) The DATA_<DBM_Name> ASM diskgroup
07. Which type of network traffic is transported over the internal InfiniBand network in a Database Machine?
a) RAC database instance traffic only
b) IDB protocol traffic, Clustered ASM traffic, and RAC database instance traffic
c) Clustered ASM Instance traffic only
d) IDB protocol traffic only
e) Both Clustered ASM and RAC database instance traffic
08. You are using Hybrid Columnar Compression for a table stored in a tablespace that is contained in an Exadata-based ASM diskgroup. Identify three statements that correctly explain where the compression and decompression can be done.
a) Decompression can be done on the database servers..
b) Compression can be done on the Exadata storage servers.
c) Compression can be done on the database servers.
d) Decompression can be done on the Exadata storage servers.
09. You installed ASR Manager on a stand-alone server and configured Auto Service Request (ASR) for your Database machine and its assets. Which three statements are true about this configuration?
a) Simple network Management Protocol (SNMP) traps are used to send notification from Enterprise manager to ASR Manager.
b) Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) traps are used to send notifications from storage servers to ASR Manager.
c) When a component fault occurs, fault telemetry is securely transmitted to Oracle via HTTPS.
d) Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) traps are used to send notifications from database servers to ASR Manager.
e) When a component fault occurs, fault telemetry is securely transmitted to Oracle via Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP).
f) Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) traps received by ASR Manager are forwarded to Enterprise Manager.
10. Your database Machine has the exachk utility pre-installed and you decide to use it periodically, to validate the installation against Oracle’s recommended best practices. Which two actions could you take to do this?
a) Use a cron job on each cell to run it at regular intervals.
b) Create a Job in Enterprise Manager to run the exachk utility at regular intervals.
c) Use a cron job on a database node to run it at regular intervals.
d) Rut it once from a database node and it will then perform periodic monitoring automatically.
e) Run it once on each cell and it will then perform periodic monitoring automatically.