01. You are attempting to troubleshoot an event that should have made an entry into the messages log. This event happened about two weeks ago. Which file should you look at first?
02. You have connected a new printer at a fixed IP address. It appears to work correctly most of the time, but at other times does not respond You suspect that the assigned address may not be unique within the network. What command will be useful to confirm this?
c) ipadm show-if
d) dladm show-addre
e) ipadm show-addr
03. A user on the system has started a process, but it needs to be terminated. The process ID was determined as follows:
pgrep userprogram l5317
The user attempted to terminate the program as follows:
This command runs without an error message, and the process continues to run. What is the issue?
a) You need to run the pkill command with the process name.
b) You need to switch to super user to kill the process.
c) You need to run the ps command to get more information.
d) You need to run the prstat command to get more information.
04. You are the administrator for a group of shell script developers. They use vi, and have asked you to make their scripts automatically executable when they save their files. How can this be accomplished?
a) Enter set –o vi on the command line, or include it in each user's startup script.
b) Enter umask –s on the command line, or include it in each user's startup script.
c) Enter umask 000 on the command line, or include it in each user's startup script.
d) Enter umask 777 on the command line, or include it in each user's startup script.
e) It is not possible to automatically set the execute bit on with the umask setting, or vi option.
f) Enter umask 766 the command line, or include it in the global startup script for the default shell.
05. User brian changes the permissions for db_data this command:
chmod 4755 db_data
What is true?
a) db_data now has permissions rwsr-xr-x and can be deleted only by user brian.
b) db_data now has permissions rwsr-xr-x and, if executed, will inn with the permissions of user brian.
c) db_data now has permissions rwxr-sr-x and can be deleted only by members of the group owning it.
d) The permissions for db_data cannot be determined, because the permissions prior to the change have not been specified.
e) db_data must be an ordinary file, because special permissions cannot be set on a directory.
06. You have installed software updates to a new boot environment (BE) and have activated that the booting to the new BE, you notice system errors. You want to boot to the last known good configuration.
Which option would you use on a SPARC system to boot to the currentBE boot environment?
a) boot –L currentBE
b) boot –Z rpool/ROOT/currentBE
c) boot –a Enter the currentBE dataset name when prompted.
d) boot rpool/ROOT/currentBE
e) boot –m currentBE
f) beadm activate currentBE
07. You are logged in as root to a newly installed Solaris 11 system. You issue the command useradd -d, and then examine the /usr/sadm/defadduser file. This file includes the entry defshell=/bin/sh.
Which shell will now be the default for the next account created?
a) bash shell
b) C shell
c) korn shod
d) bourne shell
08. Which two options are characteristics of a fast reboot?
a) A fast reboot bypasses grub.
b) A fast reboot cannot be used after a system panic on the x86 platform.
c) A fast reboot can only be executed on the SPARC platform when the config/fastreboot_default property for the svc:/system/boot-config:default service is set to true.
d) A fast reboot uses an in-kernel boot loader to load the kernel into memory.
e) A fast reboot is the default on all platforms.
09. Which three options accurately describe Oracle Solaris 11 zones?
a) can be NFS servers
b) are whole root type only
c) cannot have their own time zone setting
d) can execute z£s and zpool commands (from a non-global zone)
e) are virtualized operating system environments, each with its own dedicated OS and kernel
f) are virtualized operating system environments, created with a single instance of the OS shared kernel
10. Which two are true about accounts, groups, and roles in the Solaris user database?
a) All Solaris user accounts must have a unique UID number.
b) A Solaris account name may be any alphanumeric string, and can have a maximum length of 8 characters.
c) Account UID numbers 0-09 are system-reserved.
d) The GID for an account determines the default group ownership of new files created by that account.
e) The groups that an account is a member of are determined by the entries in the /etc/group file.