01. Which two statements describe the capabilities of the Distribution Constructor?
a) ISO images for use with the Automated Installer (AI) can be created.
b) Bootable USB images can be created for SPARC and x86 architectures.
c) A single installation server can be used to create ISO images, for SPARC and x86 architectures.
d) Checkpoints are used to pause the build, thereby allowing the running of a script to modify the resulting ISO image.
e) A single installation servercan be used to create ISO images for Solaris 10 and Solaris 11.0 operating systems.
02. You want to create a ZFS file system with the following specifications:
lzjb compression enabled
Cannot consume more than 2 GB from the storage pool
Redundant data at the block level eliminated
Mounted as /data
Which command creates the desired file system?
a) mountpoint=/data,compression=on,algorithm=lzjb,deduplication=on,quota=2g /pool1/data
b) zfs create –o mountpoint=/data compression=on algorithm=lzjb deduplication=on quota=2g /pool1/data
c) zfs create –o mountpoint=/data –o compression=on –o dedup=on –o quota=2g /pool1/data
d) zfs create–o mountpoint=/data –o compression=on –o algorithm=lzjb –o deduplication=on –o quota=2g /pool1/data
e) zfs create pool/data zfs set mountpoint=/data,quota=2g, dedup=on,compression=on /pool1/data
03. A recursive snapshot was taken of the root pool and the snapshot streams are stored on a remote system. The boot disk has failed, has been replaced, and the root poolsnapshots have been restored.
Which two steps are still required to make the system bootable?
a) Re-create the swap and dump devices.
b) Install the boot blocks on the new disk.
c) Restore the snapshot stream.
d) Set the bootfs property on the root pool.
e) Perform a ZFS rollback to restore the file systems in the root pool.
04. Which option lists default checkpoints for building an image using the Distribution Constructor?
a) manifest-valid and ba-init
b) ba-arch and grub-setup
c) transfer-ips-install and pre-pkg-img-mod
d) pkg-img mod and create-usb
05. To reduce the use at storage space on your server, you want to eliminate duplicate copies of data in your server's ZFS file systems.
How do you specify that pool1/data should not contain duplicate data blocks on write operations?
a) zfs create –o compression=on pool1/data
b) zpool create –o deduplication=on pool1 ; zfs create pool1/data
c) zpool create –o dedupratio=on pool1 ; zfs create pool1/data
d) zfs create –o dedupratio=2 pool1/data
e) zfs create –o dedup=on pool1/data
06. Which is the result of the following command?
# zfs send –i dpool/sales/qrreports@qtrreport dpool/sales/qrreports@mth3qtrreport
a) An error message will be sent to standard error.
b) The dpool/sales/qrreports@qtrreport snapshot is saved to disk.
c) The dpool/sales/qrreports@mth3qtrreport snapshot is saved to disk
d) The difference between the First snapshot and the second snapshot will be written to disk
07. Consider the following commands on a newly installed system:
zfs set compression=on rpool
zfs get –H –o source compression rpool
What is the output of the second command?
08. Your task is to configure storage for an Oracle Solaris 11 system to support multiple web servers. Each web server will be contained in a separate zone. The system has an attached disk array configured as a JBOD (Just a Bunch Of Disks).
The system also has an internal solid-state drive. The data accessed through the websites will be primarily read-only. The web servers are expected to be very busy, so configure the storage for maximum performance.
Because the data is primarily static, but redundancy is required to maintain high availability in the event of a hardware failure. Data does not change often, but it is expectedthat the same data will be accessed many times throughout the day.
Which configuration option best meets the data storage requirements?
a) a raid2 storage pool with a separate log device
b) a mirrored storage pool with a separate cache device
c) a mirrored storage pool with a separate log device
d) a three disk striped storage pool with a separate cache device
e) a raidz1 storage pool with a separate log and cache device
09. Which two zpool subcommands will permanently remove a submirror from active storage pool?
g) zpool does not permit this operation on an active storage pool unless the submirror faults.
10. The zpool configuration on serverA is:
pool 1 c3t2d0 c3t3d0 pool 2 c3t4d0 c3t5d0
The zpool configuration on servetB is:
pool1 mirror-0 c3t2d0 c3t3d0 mirror-1 c3t4d0 c3t5d0
Which option will modify the configuration on serverA to match serverB?
a) zpool destroy pool2zpool attach pool1 c3t4d0 c3t5d0
b) zpool destroy pool2zpool attach pool1 c3t2d0 c3t2d0 c3t4d0 c3t5d0
c) zpool destroy pool2zpool add pool1 c3t4d0 c3t5d0
d) zpool destroy pool2zpool mirror pool1 pool2
e) zpool destroy pool2zpool attach pool1 c3t2d0 attach pool1 c3t3d0zpool attach pool1 c3t4d0 attach pool1 c3t5d0
f) zpool destroy pool1; zpool destroy pool2; zpool create pool1 mirror c3t2d0 c3t3d0 mirror c4t4d0 c3t5d0