1. Which option speeds up the disk rebalancing in an Automatic Storage Management (ASM) disk group by increasing the degree of parallelism?
a) Increasing ASM_POWER_LIMIT
b) Increasing the number of DBWR processes
c) Increasing the number of ASMB processes
d) Increasing the number of DBWR_IO_SLAVES
2. The database is in the ARCHIVELOG mode and is configured for remote administration. You execute the following command when the database is in the MOUNT state:
$ nid TARGET=sys/oracle DBNAME=orcl_dup SETNAME=YES
Which two actions would you perform after the command executes successfully?
a) Open the database with the RESETLOGS option
b) Create a new password file and restart the database instance
c) Change the DB_NAME parameter in the parameter file and restart the database instance
d) Perform a backup of the database because the archive logs cannot be used for the current database incarnation
3. Examine the following PL/SQL block used to create a schedule by the SYS user:
schedule_name => 'my_stats_schedule',
start_date => SYSTIMESTAMP,
end_date => SYSTIMESTAMP + INTERVAL '30' day,
repeat_interval => 'FREQ=HOURLY; INTERVAL=4',
comments => 'The statistics schedule');
Which two statements are true about the schedule created?
a) The schedule is created with access to public
b) A job defined with the schedule runs in every four hours for 30 days
c) The schedule can be attached with the jobs created only by the SYS user
d) A job defined with the schedule runs for four hours every day for the next 30 days
4. Identify two results that you get using the BACKUP VALIDATE Recovery Manager (RMAN) command.
a) It checks for the obsolete backups in the recovery catalog
b) It confirms that all database files exist and are in the correct locations
c) It checks for the availability of backup sets and image copies in the recovery catalog
d) It identifies whether tape streaming or disk input/output (I/O) is the bottleneck in a backup job
5. Identify two permanent items in the Flash Recovery Area.
a) Flashback logs
b) Archived redo logs
c) Control file autobackups
d) Multiplexed copies of online redo logs
e) Multiplexed copies of the current control file
6. What is determined by Recovery Manager (RMAN) multiplexing?
a) The number of files per backup set during the backup
b) The number of sections to which a file is divided during backup
c) The number of channels opened automatically during the back up of the database
d) The number of files in a backup that are read simultaneously and then written to the same backup piece
7. Which two operations can you perform using the ALTER FLASHBACK ARCHIVE command?
a) Purge some data from the Flashback Data Archive
b) Add new tablespace to the Flashback Data Archive
c) Change the retention time of a Flashback Data Archive
d) Remove all tablespaces from the Flashback Data Archive
8. Which two statements are true about the Recovery Manager (RMAN) multisection backup?
a) Multisection backup produces multipiece backup set
b) Multisection backups can be performed as backup sets and image copies
c) The backup optimization feature must be enabled to perform multisection backup
d) RMAN can break up large files into sections and back up and restore these sections independently
9. Which three criteria will not allow the shrink operation in a table?
a) The table is part of a cluster
b) The table is managed by free lists
c) ROW MOVEMENT is enabled for the table
d) The table has blocks with migrated and chained rows
e) The table is in the automatic segment space-managed tablespace and has a function based index
10. Examine the following command:
SQL> CREATE RESTORE POINT before_upgrade GUARANTEE FLASHBACK DATABASE;
Which two statements are true about the restore point created by the above command?
a) The restore point is never edged out of the control file until it is dropped explicitly
b) The NOLOGGING operation such as direct loads cannot be reversed using the restore point
c) The database can be flashed back up to the SCN at the command, even if flashback logging is not enabled
d) Shrinking of data files or dropping a tablespace do not prevent flashing back the affected data files to the restore point