01. Is it ever safe to start the MySQL server as root?
a) No it is never safe to start it as root.
b) Yes it is always safe to start it as root.
c) Yes provided you make it switch the effective user to mysql.
d) No because you can not make it switch the effective user if started as root.
02. Which statement is true about the log-output variable?
a) It is a static variable and can be set only at MySQL server startup.
b) It enables and starts the General Query Log.
c) It sets the target location for the binary logs generated by the MySQL sever.
d) It specifies output destinations for the slow and General Query logs.
03. Which two are true regarding MySQL binary and text backups?
a) Binary backups are usually faster than text backups.
b) Binary backups are usually slower than text backups.
c) Text backups are human-readable while binary backups are not.
d) Binary backups are not portable across different operating systems.
04. You inherit a legacy database system when the previous DBA, Bob, leaves the company. You are notified that users are getting the following error:
mysql> CALL film_in_stock (40, 2, @count); ERROR 1449 (HY000):
The user specified as a definer (‘bon’@’localhost’) does not exis How would you identify all stored procedures that pose the same problem?
a) Execute SELECT * FROM mysql.routines WHERE DEFINER=’bob@localhost’;.
b) Execute SHOW ROUTINES WHERE DEFINER=’bob@localhost’.
c) Execute SELECT * FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA. ROUTINES WHERE DEFINER=’bob@localhost’;.
d) Execute SELECT * FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA. PROCESSLIST WHERE USER=’bob’ and HOST=’ localhost’;.
e) Examine the Mysql error log for other ERROR 1449 messages.
05. What are three actions performed by the mysql_secure_installation tool?
a) It prompts you to set the root user account password.
b) It checks whether file permissions are appropriate within datadir.
c) It asks to remove the test database, which is generated at installation time.
d) It can delete any anonymous accounts.
e) It verifies that all users are configuration with the longer password hash.
06. Assume that you want to know which Mysql Server options were set to custom values. Which two methods would you use to find out?
a) Check the configuration files in the order in which they are read by the Mysql Server and compare them with default values.
b) Check the command-line options provided for the Mysql Server and compare them with default values.
c) Check the output of SHOW GLOBAL VARIABLES and compare it with default values.
d) Query the INFORMATION_SCHEMA.GLOBAL_VARIABLES table and compare the result with default values.
07. Which of the following are some general capabilites of the mysql client program?
a) Create and Drop databases.
b) Ping the server.
c) Create, Drop, and modify tables and indexes.
d) Shutdown the server.
e) Create users.
f) Display replication server status.
08. Which three statements are true about memory buffer allocation by a MySQL Server?
a) Global buffers such as the InnoDB buffer pool are allocated after the server starts, and are never freed.
b) Thread buffers are allocated when a client connects, and are freed when the client disconnects.
c) Buffers that are needed for certain operation are allocated when the operation starts, and freed when it ends.
d) User buffers are allocated at server startup and freed when the user is dropped.
e) All dynamic buffers that are set with a SET GLOBAL statement immediately get allocated globally, and are never freed.
09. Which two requirements would lead towards a high availability solution?
a) When uptime is critical
b) When data must be refactored
c) When application concurrency is static
d) When data loss is unacceptable
e) When application is a single point of failure
10. A user executes the statement; PURGE BINARY LOGS TO ‘mysql-bin.010’; What is the result?
a) It deletes all binary log files, except ‘mysql-in.010’.
b) It deletes all binary log files up to and including ‘mysql-bin.010’.
c) It deletes all binary log files before ‘mysql-bin.010’.
d) It deletes all binary log files after ‘mysql-bin.010’.