01. Which of the following best describes the scope of explicitly and implicitly set locks?
a) Explicitly set locks may span several commands.
b) Implicitly set locks may span several commands.
c) Implicitly set locks will span only one statement or transaction.
d) Explicitly set locks will span only one statement or transaction.
02. Is it ever safe to start the MySQL server as root?
a) No it is never safe to start it as root.
b) Yes it is always safe to start it as root.
c) Yes provided you make it switch the effective user to mysql.
d) No because you can not make it switch the effective user if started as root.
03. Which two are true regarding MySQL binary and text backups?
a) Binary backups are usually faster than text backups.
b) Binary backups are usually slower than text backups.
c) Text backups are human-readable while binary backups are not.
d) Binary backups are not portable across different operating systems.
04. A Mysql Server has been running an existing application successfully for six months. The my.cnf is adjusted to contain the following additional configuration:
The Mysql Server is restarted without error. What effect will the new configuration have in existing accounts?
a) They will have their passwords updated on start-up to sha256_password format.
b) They will have to change their password the next time they login to the server.
c) They are not affected by this configuration change.
d) They all connect via the secure sha256_password algorithm without any configuration change.
05. You execute the following statement in a Microsoft Windows environment. There are no conflicts in the path name definitions.
C: \> mysqld – install Mysql56 – defaults – file = C : \my –opts.cnf
What is the expected outcome?
a) Mysqld acts as an MSI installer and installs the Mysql 5.6 version, with the c: \my-opts.cnf configuration file.
b) Mysql is installed as the Windows service name Mysql56, and uses c: \my-opts.cnf as the configuration file.
c) An error message is issued because - install is not a valid option for mysqld.
d) A running Mysql 5.6 installation has its runtime configuration updated with the server variables set in c: \my-opts.cnf.
06. Which of the following are reasons to not just enable all logging?
a) Security risks.
b) More disk space is used.
c) More memory is used.
d) Slower performance.
07. What are three actions performed by the mysql_secure_installation tool?
a) It prompts you to set the root user account password.
b) It checks whether file permissions are appropriate within datadir.
c) It asks to remove the test database, which is generated at installation time.
d) It can delete any anonymous accounts.
e) It verifies that all users are configuration with the longer password hash.
08. Which statement is true about FLUSH LOGS command?
a) It closes and reopens all log files.
b) It requires the RELOAD, FILE, and DROP privileges.
c) It closes and sends binary log files to slave servers.
d) It flushes dirty pages in the buffer pool to the REDO logs.
09. Assume that you want to know which Mysql Server options were set to custom values. Which two methods would you use to find out?
a) Check the configuration files in the order in which they are read by the Mysql Server and compare them with default values.
b) Check the command-line options provided for the Mysql Server and compare them with default values.
c) Check the output of SHOW GLOBAL VARIABLES and compare it with default values.
d) Query the INFORMATION_SCHEMA.GLOBAL_VARIABLES table and compare the result with default values.
10. Which three statements describe how the strict SQL mode provides added security?
a) It rejects statements that try to insert out-of-range values
b) It rejects invalid dates.
c) It limits the operations that the server can perform.
d) It rejects queries that produce out-of-range values.
e) It rejects dates with zero day or month values.