You can use this Oracle 1Z0-883 exam study guide to collect all the information about the MySQL 5.6 Database Administrator exam. The Oracle 1Z0-883 certification exam is mainly targeted to those candidates who have some experience or exposure to Oracle MySQL Database Administration technology and want to flourish their career with Oracle Certified Professional MySQL 5.6 Database Administrator (OCP) credential.
The Oracle 1Z0-883 certification exam validates your understanding of the Oracle MySQL Database Administration technology and sets the stage for your future progression. Your preparation plan for MySQL 5.6 Database Administrator Certification exam should include hands-on practice or on-the-job experience performing the tasks described in following certification exam syllabus topics.
Oracle 1Z0-883 Exam Details:
|Exam Name||MySQL 5.6 Database Administrator|
|Exam Price||USD $245 (Price may vary by country or by localized currency)|
|Number of Questions||100|
|Format||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)|
MySQL for Database Administrators
MySQL Learning Subscription
Unlimited Product Learning Subscription
|Schedule Exam||Pearson VUE|
|Sample Questions||Oracle Certified Professional MySQL 5.6 Database Administrator (OCP)|
|Recommended Practice||1Z0-883 Online Practice Exam|
Oracle 1Z0-883 Syllabus Topics:
- Use MySQL client programs to interface with the MySQL Server interactively and in batch
- Describe how MySQL uses disk and memory resources
- List and describe key characteristics of standard MySQL storage engines including InnoDB, NDB, MyISAM, MEMORY, FEDERATED
- Describe appropriate steps to secure a MySQL deployment at the operating system, filesystem and network levels.
- Create and maintain user accounts with appropriate privileges and configuration.
- Deploy and configure MySQL Enterprise Audit
|Optimizing MySQL Performance||
- Demonstrate ability to diagnose and optimize poorly-performing queries.
- Tune MySQL Server configuration for best performance.
- Apply best practices in optimizing schema objects
- Demonstrate understanding of locking concepts as applied to MySQL Server and storage engines.
- Create and utilize table PARTITIONING
|High Availability Techniques for MySQL||
- Describe, configure, deploy and troubleshoot MySQL replication
- Describe and contrast characteristics of common MySQL high availability solutions (MySQL Cluster, DRBD, Windows Failover Clustering, Solaris Cluster, OVM Template for MySQL Enterprise)
|MySQL Server Installation, Configuration and Maintenance||
- Select, deploy, start and stop MySQL using appropriate binary packages for Windows and Linux platforms
- Configure MySQL Server deployments using options files, command-line options and server variables.
- Identify, configure, locate and describe appropriate use cases for MySQL the error, binary, general query and slow query log.
|Diagnostic Data and Metadata Sources in MySQL||
- Configure and leverage PERFORMANCE_SCHEMA tables to identify and diagnose performance problems.
- Obtain MySQL metadata from INFORMATION_SCHEMA tables
|Backups and Recovery in MySQL||
- Create and restore logical backups using mysqldump
- Create and restore binary backups
- Use backups for data recovery
The Oracle MySQL Database Administrator Certification Program certifies candidates on skills and knowledge related to Oracle MySQL Database Administration products and technologies. The Oracle 1Z0-883 is granted based on a combination of passing exams, training, and performance-based assignments, depending on the level of certification. MySQL 5.6 Database Administrator certification is a real benchmark of experience and expertise that helps you stand out in a crowd among employers. To ensure success, Oracle recommends combining education courses, practice exams, and hands-on experience to prepare for your Oracle Certified Professional MySQL 5.6 Database Administrator (OCP) certification exam as questions will test your ability to apply the knowledge you have gained in hands-on practice or professional experience.