01. Which of the following are true in relation to character set and collation relationships in MySQL?
a) A collation may belong to only one character set.
b) A collation may belong to many character sets.
c) A character set may have only one collation.
d) A character set may have many collations.
02. Your application is running slow. Which two features provide information that help to identify problems?
a) The MYSQL error log
b) The slow query log
c) The performance schema
d) The GET DIAGNOSTICS statement
03. An application tracks usage of educational courses in a company. Many people can take one course. Each person can take multiple courses.
The data has been stored in one table but it is growing too large. You decide to normalize the table.
What would a normalized data model contain?
a) Two tables: employee and course, with foreign keys on employee ID and course ID.
b) Three tables: employee, course, and a table cross-referencing employee IDs and course IDs
c) Two tables: an employee table with multiple course IDs , and a course table
d) Four tables: employee, course, courses by employee, and employees by course
04. Which two Functions can be used in a C program to retrieve information about warning?
05. What are two ways in which normalizing your tables helps improve performance In MySQL?
a) Smaller table sizes and row lengths improve sorting operations.
b) Separate tables allow indexing more columns.
c) Fewer nullable column improve index usage.
d) Normalizing Improves the performance of innodb_file_per _table.
06. Which statement describes the process of normalizing databases?
a) All text is trimmed to fit into the appropriate fields. Capitalization and spelling errors are corrected.
b) Redundant tables are combined into one larger table to simplify the schema design.
c) Numeric values are checked against upper and lower accepted bounds. All text is purged of illegal characters.
d) Columns that contain repeating data values are split into separate tables to reduce item duplication.
e) Indexes are created to improve query performance. The data of types of columns are adjusted to use the smallest allocation.
07. You have a transaction that queries a table at the beginning of the transaction and performs the same query later.
Which two transaction isolation levels guarantee that you get the same results both times?
a) Repeatable read
b) Read committed
c) Read uncommitted
d) Single user
08. Which of the following statements is correct?
a) User variables exist only for the duration of the connection in which they are created.
b) User variables are always persistent from one connection to the next, provided the user is the same.
c) User variables persist from one connection to the next, regardless of user.
d) User variables persist from one connection to the next provided the user is the same and the persistent keyword is given to the set command at definition time.
09. A table country exists with a column Name. A user variable @ limitcount contains the value 20. Which two statements are valid uses of the LIMIT clause?
a) SELECT Name FROM country LIMIT 100-50
b) SELECT Name FROM country LIMIT 100,50
c) SELECT Name FROM country LIMIT 35
d) SELECT Name FROM country LIMIT @limitcount
e) SELECT Name FROM country LIMIT RAND ()
10. Which statement(s) from following list are true for BINARY and VARBINARY data types?
a) When BINARY values are stored, they are right-padded with null values to the specified length
b) When VARBINARY values are stored, they are right-padded with null values to the specified length
c) When VARBINARY values are retrieved, trailing nulls are removed
d) When BINARY values are retrieved, trailing nulls are removed