You can use this exam guide to collect all the information about Upgrade to Java SE 7 Programmer (1Z0-805) certification. The Oracle 1Z0-805 certification is mainly targeted to those candidates who has some experience or exposure of Java and want to flourish their career with Oracle Certified Professional Java SE 7 Programmer(upgrade) (OCP) credential. The Upgrade to Java SE 7 Programmer certification exam validates your understanding of the Java technology and sets the stage for your future progression. Your preparation plan for Oracle 1Z0-805 Certification exam should include hands-on practice or on-the-job experience performing the tasks described in following Certification Exam Topics table.
Oracle 1Z0-805 Certification Details:
|Exam Name||Upgrade to Java SE 7 Programmer|
|Exam Product Version||Java SE|
|Exam Price||USD $245 (Pricing may vary by country or by localized currency)|
|Number of Questions||70|
|Validated Against||SE 7|
|Recommended Training||Java SE 7 New Features|
|Schedule Exam||Pearson VUE - Oracle|
|Recommended Practice||1Z0-805 Online Practice Exam|
Oracle 1Z0-805 Certification Topics:
- Develop code that uses String objects in switch statements
- Design a class using a Singleton design pattern
- Apply object composition principles (including has-a relationships)
- Write code to implement the Data Access Object (DAO) pattern
- Design and create objects using a factory pattern
|Database Applications with JDBC||
- Describe the interfaces that make up the core of the JDBC API (including the Driver, Connection, Statement, and ResultSet interfaces and their relationship to provider implementations)
- Identify code that may not execute correctly in a multi-threaded environment.
- Use collections from the java.util.concurrent package with a focus on the advantages over and differences from the traditional java.util collections.
- Use Lock, ReadWriteLock, and ReentrantLock classes in the java.util.concurrent.locks package to support lock-free thread-safe programming on single variables.
- Use Executor, ExecutorService, Executors, Callable, and Future to execute tasks using thread pools.
- Use the parallel Fork/Join Framework
- Describe the advantages of localizing an application
- Define a locale using language and country codes
- Read and set the locale with a Locale object
- Build a resource bundle for a locale
- Call a resource bundle from an application
- Format dates, numbers, and currency values for localization with the NumberFormat and DateFormat classes (including number format patterns)
|Java File I/O (NIO.2)||
- Operate on file and directory paths with the Path class
- Check, delete, copy, or move a file or directory with the Files class
- Read and change file and directory attributes, focusing on the BasicFileAttributes, DosFileAttributes, and PosixFileAttributes interfaces
- Recursively access a directory tree using the DirectoryStream and FileVisitor interfaces
- Find a file with the PathMatcher interface
- Watch a directory for changes with the WatchService interface
The Oracle 1Z0-805 Certification Program certifies candidates on skills and knowledge related to Java products and technologies. The Oracle Certified Professional Java SE 7 Programmer(upgrade) is granted based on a combination of passing exams, training and performance-based assignments, depending on the level of certification. Oracle 1Z0-805 certification is tangible benchmark of experience and expertise that help you stand out in a crowd among employers. To ensure success, Oracle recommends combining education courses, practice exam and hands-on experience to prepare for your Upgrade to Java SE 7 Programmer certification exam as questions will test your ability to apply the knowledge you have gained in hands-on practice or professional experience.