You can use this exam guide to collect all the information about PeopleSoft Application Developer I - PeopleTools & PeopleCode (1Z0-241) certification. The Oracle 1Z0-241 certification is mainly targeted to those candidates who has some experience or exposure of PeopleSoft and want to flourish their career with Oracle PeopleTools 8 Application Developer Certified Expert (OCE) credential. The PeopleSoft Application Developer I - PeopleTools & PeopleCode certification exam validates your understanding of the PeopleSoft technology and sets the stage for your future progression. Your preparation plan for Oracle 1Z0-241 Certification exam should include hands-on practice or on-the-job experience performing the tasks described in following Certification Exam Topics table.
Oracle 1Z0-241 Certification Details:
|Exam Name||PeopleSoft Application Developer I - PeopleTools & PeopleCode|
|Exam Product Version||PeopleTools - Tools and Technology|
|Exam Price||USD $245 (Pricing may vary by country or by localized currency)|
|Number of Questions||80|
|Validated Against||This exam has been validated against Rel. 8.48, 8.50 and 8.51.|
|Schedule Exam||Pearson VUE - Oracle|
|Recommended Practice||1Z0-241 Online Practice Exam|
Oracle 1Z0-241 Certification Topics:
|Navigating PeopleSoft Applications||
- Access, enter and modify information in PeopleSoft applications.
- Use PeopleBooks to find information.
|Explaining PeopleSoft Architecture||
- Describe the structure of PeopleSoft databases.
- Explain basic data transfer in PeopleSoft Pure Internet Architecture.
- Identify the requirements for the development environment.
|Validating Data||- Given a scenario, select the appropriate validation type in PeopleSoft applications.|
|Developing Applications by Using the Eight Steps||- Explain the steps of PeopleSoft application development.|
|Designing the Application|
- Use Application Designer to create and manage field definitions.
- Use Application Designer to create and manage translate values.
|Creating Record Definitions||- Use Application Designer to create and manage record definitions.|
|Building SQL Tables||- Use Application Designer to create and maintain database structures.|
|Creating Page Definitions||- Use Application Designer to create and manage page definitions.|
|Defining Components||- Use Application Designer to create and manage component definition.|
|Registering Components||- Use Application Designer to register a component definition.|
|Testing an Application||- Test and troubleshoot common development errors in basic applications.|
|Editing the Registry Structure||- Manage Portal Registry structures. (Manage the PeopleSoft Portal Registry.)|
|Creating Menu Definitions||- Use Application Designer to create and manage menu definitions.|
|Analyzing the Impact of Design Changes||- Identify the impact of changing definition properties on an application.|
|Searching Applications by Using the Verity Search Engine||
- Use the Verity Search engine to search PeopleSoft applications.
- Create and maintain a Verity search collection.
|Performing Data Audits||- Use Application Designer to audit PeopleSoft applications.|
|Importing and Exporting Projects||- Use Application Designer to create and manage projects|
|Using Views in PeopleSoft Applications||
- Use Application Designer to create and maintain SQL views.
- Use Application Designer to create and maintain Query views.
|Creating Summary Pages Using Views||- Use Application Designer to create and manage summary pages.|
|Creating and Using Search Records||
- Create and manage component search records.
- Create and manage component add search records.
|Using Views as Prompt Table Edits||- Create and manage views that take advantage of prompting mechanics.|
|Explaining TableSet Sharing||- Set up and maintain TableSet sharing.|
|Creating Parent-Child Relationships||- Use Application Designer to enforce referential integrity.|
|Explaining Buffer Allocation||- Describe buffer allocation and its impact on performance.|
|Creating Sub records and Sub pages||
- Create and maintain sub records.
- Create and maintain sub pages.
|Using Deferred Processing||- Choose a processing mode based on a given scenario.|
|Introducing PeopleCode in an Application|
|Using Objects in PeopleCode|
|Creating Custom Objects with Application Classes|
|Using Images in PeopleSoft Applications||
- Use Application Designer to manage image definitions.
- Use Application Designer to manage image field definitions.
|Designing Pages Using Style Sheets||
- Use Application Designer to manage stylesheet definitions.
- Apply stylesheets in PeopleSoft applications.
|Designing More Advanced Pages||
- Create, maintain, and use message catalog entries.
- Use Application Designer to create and maintain hyperlinks on pages.
|Technology Overview||- Explain how PeopleCode is used|
|Using PeopleCode Development Tools||
- Choose the best PeopleTools definition with which to associate a program
- Use the PeopleCode Editor locate, open, create, and edit programs
- Use the PeopleCode debugger to observe program execution
|Describing the Component Processor||
- Trace the Component Processor flow.
- Identify PeopleCode search events.
- Identify PeopleCode component build events.
- Identify PeopleCode field action events.
- Identify PeopleCode row action events.
- Identify PeopleCode save action events.
|Writing PeopleCode Programs||
- Write PeopleCode statements.
- Use conditional statements
- Use looping statements
|Understanding PeopleCode Events||- Match PeopleCode programs to the correct events|
|Using PeopleCode Variables||
- Create user-defined PeopleCode variables.
- Use system variables.
- Incorporate derived/work fields into PeopleSoft applications.
|Using Built-In Functions||- Use built-in functions|
|Writing PeopleCode Functions||- Write external PeopleCode functions.|
|Explaining the Component Buffer||- Determine the order of execution of PeopleCode programs based on buffer allocation rules|
|Accessing Data in the Component Buffer||- Process rows in the component buffer using loops.|
|Programming With Object- Oriented PeopleCode||- Write object-oriented PeopleCode programs|
|Referencing Data in the Component Buffer||
- Define the data buffer classes.
- Instantiate the data buffer access classes.
- Traverse the data buffer.
|Creating Custom Objects with Application Classes||
- Describe application classes.
- Organize application classes using application packages.
|Using Data Buffer Methods||- Use object-oriented methods manipulate the data buffer|
|Executing SQL in PeopleCode||- Use SQL to read and modify data tables|
|Query, Crystal and Process Scheduler||
- Use PeopleSoft Query Manager to extract information from PeopleSoft application data tables
- Use Query Access Groups to secure and access record definitions
- Create, edit, and manage queries using Query Manager
- Configure Crystal Reports to use PeopleSoft application data
- Create and manage reports in Crystal Reports for PeopleSoft
- Schedule and distribute Crystal Reports by using the PeopleSoft Process Scheduler
- Configure and run a process using PeopleSoft Process Scheduler
- Use the Process Monitor to assess the status of a process
- Create, edit, and manage the elements o
The Oracle 1Z0-241 Certification Program certifies candidates on skills and knowledge related to PeopleSoft products and technologies. The Oracle PeopleTools 8 Application Developer Certified Expert is granted based on a combination of passing exams, training and performance-based assignments, depending on the level of certification. Oracle 1Z0-241 certification is tangible benchmark of experience and expertise that help you stand out in a crowd among employers. To ensure success, Oracle recommends combining education courses, practice exam and hands-on experience to prepare for your PeopleSoft Application Developer I - PeopleTools & PeopleCode certification exam as questions will test your ability to apply the knowledge you have gained in hands-on practice or professional experience.